Saturday 29 March 2014

Owl and the pussy cat for a wedding

Today I have a commission to share with you that I am really proud of, I wasn't expecting to be able to come up with anything as fitting as this for a wedding card. All I had to go on were the wedding colours (purple and silver) and the need for inclusion of an owl and pussycat in a pea green boat...


I printed out 4 copies of the same image and then selected areas to layer up and create a 3D image, which I then mounted on purple (Elegant Eggplant) card and backed with silver mirror card.

If you look closely you will see I used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder in the background of the Cream coloured card and fortunately had a few scraps of some card I had run through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder last time I borrowed this off my crafty friend Amy.

Some diamante's and lace ribbon works well to finish it off, although the photo doesn't show the elegance I tried to achieve on this card.

I hope the bride and groom, who are getting married today, like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment