Saturday 2 February 2013

Gift card holder from envelope tutorial

Wow, I don't think I have ever had so many visitors! If you stopped by at my site yesterday thank you so much, and welcome back.  If you didn't, do scroll down and check out the Stampin' Stars blog hop that I took part in to see some of the new products in the Spring/Summer catalogue.

As promised, today I have another gift card holder made from an A6 envelope to share with you, plus a step by step tutorial showing you how to make these.

I've used the Patio Partio DSP on page 165 of the main catalogue to decorate this gift card holder as well as the Henry Says stamp set, from the new Spring/Summer catalogue, that I also showed you yesterday.


1. Take an unsealed A6 envelope and fold in half.  Then unfold and cut along the crease of the flap only.  It should look like this:


2. Rotate the envelop so that it is facing you in portrait.  Seal the top half of the envelope and leave the bottom flap unsealed (this is where your gift card will go once completed).


3. Add your choice of DSP to the areas which will form the inside of your gift card holder.  The top panel will be slightly larger than the bottom panel.  The bottom panel should cover the envelope up to the edge where is opens.  For example I have used the Patio Party DSP for this and left a thin border around each panel.  Note that the photo shows a how the gift card would fit inside :).


4. For the flap, cut another piece of DSP and adhere this to the outside of the closed flap as shown below:


5. Finally, decorate the outside of your gift card holder.  I have turned the holder to a portrait position and added some DSP, Stiched Grosgrain ribbon and the sentiment and 'bunting' from the Henry Says stamp set; inked in Raspberry Ripple from the 2012-14 In Colours.


You can of course decorate the holder in landscape as I did with yesterdays project idea if you prefer.

Don't forget to check out the new Spring/Summer catalogue and Sale-A-Bration offer if you haven't already done so.  I'm offering FREE postage on orders placed before Sunday, if you live close to me (GU16) and can collect your products so contact me now at jadedcrafter@gmail.com.











1 comment: