Sunday 1 July 2012

Owl punch for baby shower

This morning I'm over at the craft show in Bracknell with my crafty friend Amy.  Amy had a baby shower organised for her by her sister yesterday and here is the card I made for her...


It uses the Owl punch which is currently a fabourite of both Amy and myself as there are just soooo many things you can do with it.  I'm not entirely sure this came out as well as it could have done as I was struggling to find the right sort of punches and cut all the little bits up to create the baby grow and perhaps should have just stuck to 2 colours or included more So Saffron somewhere...

Anyway, you can hopefully see what I was trying to do with the brads, although the top one makes the collar look like a bowtie!

I've had a terrible week and was complete exhausted when making it, in fact almost didn't find any time to make it at all - I'm sure Amy will appreciate it.

Materials:

Card stock - Bashful Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron;
Embossing folders - Designer frames, Perfect Polka Dots;
Punches - Owl punch (body to create the baby grow), Scallop Circle punch (to create the leg holes and punch out the corners of the Whisper White and Bashful Blue embossed panels, Word Window (for sentiment);
Accessories - Designer Brads, Designer Button;
Ink - So Saffron;
Sentiment - Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I thought I'd create some little tags for the gifts that I got and had a play around with the Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiments to get the 'Just For Baby' wording that I wanted... a length of the Whisper White Organza ribbon and that was that.

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable... Great use of the owl punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious !!!! How smart of you to make such a darling onsie from the owl punch !!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice card that I have use as a reference today.

    ReplyDelete