Monday 8 August 2011

New arrivals

I came home today to a lovely big brown box ... it's like my birthday has come early (by 1 day!)... my starter kit had arrived! 

I'm still working on sorting out my blog so please bare with me and wish me luck with my first proper live (!) post.  I'm so excited that I can now get creating some samples with my new stash. 

So my very first card is for a new baby - my friend gave birth on Friday; and baby Jamie is almost sharing the same birthday as me!

There are so many tutorials on the web for making this sort of card.  However they all seem to use the circle and scalloped circle punches which I don't yet own... so I improvised quite a bit.

The card is 11 x 4 1/4 and I have cut about 1 inch inwards approximately 1 1/4 inches down (arm sleeves).

I found that the bottom of my squeezy glue is the right size to create a 'make do' circle (until I add the punch to my gear).  So I made a template and then cut the leg and neck holes with it (using one leg to cut the other so that they were identical).

I then drew around the leg and neck holes onto the DSP and carefully cut it about 1/4 inch thick and did the same with the sleeve strips.

The little bear has been stamped with StazOn ink and then coloured with chocolate chip and marina mist ink from the stamp pads using the blender pen.  I had to cheat with the sentiment as this is not a Stampin' Up! product, but I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig :).

I'm not sure I will list out all the products for every post, but it's easy enough when most of it comes from the starter set...

Materials:
Every Little Bit stamp set (120558);
Patterns DSP stack - brights (117155);
Chocolate Chip classic stamp pad (100908);
Marina Mist classic stamp pad (119669);
StazOn jet black ink pad (101406);
Blender pens (102845);
Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049);

I couldn't resist making a girl card too...

The only difference other than the choice of DSP is that I used the Rich Razzleberry classic stamp pad (120970) to colour the bib and sentiment (not Stampin' Up!).

Challenges I have entered this card into:

Whoopsi Daisy - 'anything but square'
Crazy for Challenges - 'shape it up'


3 comments:

  1. I love these! Need to do some for new twins myself! Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Adorable shaped cards! I love them!
    Thank you for sharing with us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge. Hope to see your creation again in our next challenge.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Love your new baby card and how wonderful the shape is! Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck! Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete