Thursday 1 September 2022

Wellbeing and a wellness festival

Update 1/11/22: This post showcases quite a few craft items that I generally keep in stock or can make with a couple of weeks notice to fulfill bespoke orders so please do get in touch if you are interested in any items or similar.

Mental health and wellbeing is often at the top of my to do list - simply because it's so important to look after this. I think a lot of us, in particular, realised during the pandemic and the experience of lockdown(s) that mental health is like physical health. When you get sick it takes time to recover. Mental health can often be difficult as you and others can't always 'see' the symptoms.

I practice mindfulness with crafting whenever I can - this is my go to escape or place where I can lose myself in a creative hobby or project. Get me talking on the subject of crafting and you will probably understand why.

So, back in January I signed up to have a stall at a wellness festival local to my home. Check out the full event details as there will be lots of providers, practitioners and businesses which offer something wellbeing related within our community. 

For me it's an outlet to share what I love and help to raise awareness and ideas to look after mental health and wellbeing. At the same time raise a little bit more for Mind, the charity I am currently supporting with the proceeds from sales of my handmade cards or crafts. Mind, offers many services - I've personally used their support both via their website and locally and wanted to give something back.

Hopefully see you there. 

Here's a quick summary of what I will have on offer:

  • Handmade cards (a larger stock than normal 😏priced from £2, mostly £2.50 for A6 size, but a few other larger ones up to £3 price range) and  
  • Card kits (£2 each) to try at home, instructions included. There are 2 origami themed kits and a daisy card kit.
  • Painted pebbles (£2 each) - usually I hide these when out and about (check out my post why I paint rocks and pebbles, for more info). 

I will be hiding a few earlier in the day in SJH playing fields, no clues where as that would spoil it! 

If you can't find one why not stop by my stall and pick up from a selection, for just £2. For yourself or to give to another. There will be a few themes available and all come in a little pouch with card:

Breathe pebble -  Remember to BREATHE mindfulness pebble. Hold in times or stress or during meditation as a tangible reminder to BREATHE.

Worry worm - Tell this little guy your worries, although he doesn't really speak. He will listen when you need him, any day of the week.

Pebble hug - This pebble is a reminder someone cares. Keep it with you and remember it is there.

Pet pebble - Take care of this pebble pet by walking and feeding it every day. Ensure lots of love and attention so it doesn't run away.

  • Jewellery - seaglass necklaces (£8 each) and earrings (£3 each) mainly, and a few beaded earrings (£3 each). Mostly inspired by my travels.

  

Necklaces come with a silver (925) chain in either 16" or 18" length - I usually wear 16" (shows just above t.shirt collar) and 18" is the norm for most women with an average neckline. Charms and earring findings are silver plated.

  •  Wish bracelets (£1)  - with a silver coloured heart.

 

The card reads: Close your eyes and make a wish, then tie this bracelet to your wrist. When the bracelet breaks in two the wish you made may just come true.

  • Anxiety and meditation bracelets (£5 each, choice of Rose Quartz, Agate, Amazonite, Opalite, Jasper and Jade available with black, brown or grey cord with slipknot).

Each bead can be used during meditation or moments of tension, stress, anxiety and panic to remind you to breath. Energised with the gemstones’ unique properties, focus your mind and body relaxing with each breath. Gemstone info included on each card and the back has a reminder to: Breathe - drop your shoulders - unclench your jaw - relax your forehead - breathe deeply.

  • Guardian angel charms (£3) - the card reads: wherever you go - whatever you do - your guardian angel watches over you.
 
 
These make great bag charms - choice of orange, yellow or red available.
  • Rice and lavender heat pad (£5 each) - a natural way to ease stress and tension, help with muscle pain and so much more. Made with cotton and containing rice and dried lavender flowers. Warm in the microwave or chill in the freezer. Check out this post for more on how these came about, they make cute gifts and can refresh a drawer when not being used.

There's a bunch of other miscellaneous items too: A5 notepads with covers, washable fabric masks (with filter) and tissue/mask holder sets. I think that is it!

You will find me under the green umbrella at plot 6, just in from the main path. Come say hi!

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment