Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas watercolour

I promise... no more Christmas cards after this week - I'm off on holiday on Friday so will schedule some other ideas for you whilst I am gone!

Today I have a watercolour effect Christmas card to share with you.  The image is from the Beautiful Season stampset and has been inked and stamped with Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White cardstock which I have cut with the Top Note die using the Big Shot.  I have then coloured the image with blender pens using marker pens (Old Olive, Real Red and Chocolate Chip).

I have run a piece of Old Olive cardstock through the Top Note die and then mounted the image panel onto this before placing on the card base.

The base is Whisper White and I have used the 'red striped' paper from the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP pack at the bottom and then cut a strip of Old Olive card and punched it with the eyelet punch.  The part that takes time is the colouring of the image, so when making a batch of these I coloured them all first and then went about compiling all the card bases and then put everything together at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment