Thursday 9 May 2013

Something for charity and crafty travels

You may or may not remember a while back (December actually!) that I had a craft stash sale for charity and raised some money to take with me to donate along the way during my travels this year. I always try to give something back when I am travelling and Stampin' Up! has helped me with this by making a difference to my life.

So, just over a week ago I visited a worthwhile cause in Vientiane, Laos and contributed some of the money raised towards some rehabilitation equipment - you can read more about it over on my travel blog here.

I still have a few quid left from the money raised, and have also visited a school near to Luang Prabang (also in Laos) to donate books and stationery, so will be keeping an eye out for the next worthwhile cause.

Apologies for the lack of crafty posts lately... I'm sure you will understand that keeping up with it all whilst on the road isn't easy, in fact my travel blog is a few days behind as it is!

To finish on a crafty note... I did visit a craft village the other day where there was plenty of paper crafts using different types of handmade paper - it was amazing to see and I had to refrain from buying endless scrapbooks and papers!


Don't forget about this months offer from Stampin' Up! with their new product range which you can get 15% off a bundle and a special postage offer from me - see here for more or contact me at jadedcrafter@gmail.com



1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back Jade - hope you got my PM about the WI day!
    Glad your travelling helps make a difference

    ReplyDelete