Saturday 21 November 2020

Creating for charity, supporting mental health

This lockdown life means I'm bursting with creative ideas and have not many places to put them! When I saw that Mind was offering a Crafternoon kit to help with organising a virtual craft event and raise some much needed money for the charity, I wanted to do something. 

So many people suffer, or don't even realise they are suffering with their mental health. 

Crafting and being creative has always helped me balance my mind back when life is difficult and of course I just love it and everything that I can do that involves being creative... even if I'm not very good at something!

It doesn't matter if your are not creative, the enjoyment of just doing something creative always helps with improving your mood. When I used to hold card making classes, people came along and gave it a try and they loved it too. 

I haven't really determined if I can find the time do a virtual Crafternoon event, particularly as this involves sitting in front of a pc (which I do far too much of at work!) but I've certainly been creating enough items that will hopefully, help raise a bit of money for Mind.

Christmas cards are the obvious choice at this time of year. Any I make/sell, will be for charity... and the other bits and bobs will include something from my new hobby - painted rocks/pebbles! 

Everyone has been asking me about these and a few people have suggested I sell them as they would be willing to pay (!), but I've just been painting and hiding them for people to find until now.

More to follow another day - but here's a sneak preview...


I think I will just set a minimum donation amount. They would make great stocking fillers so maybe a couple of quid and if I have time, I'll paint requests as well?


No comments:

Post a Comment