Saturday 22 October 2011

Brayer time with dasher

Here is one of the cards from Wednsdays Christmas card club.  It features the dasher (individual) stamp in Chocolate Chip on a Chocolate Chip card base.

 
The ladies who attended the club really enjoy using some of the tools that they don't have of their own, including the Big Shot (embossing folder not a Stampin' Up! product) and a brayer.  The embossing folder has been inked with the brayer using Marina Mist ink before running a piece of the Whisper White card through the Big Shot to create a two tone background.  The sky behind dasher has also been created using the brayer.
Both these techniques are completely new to me too but I am definitely going to be incorporating this into more cards in future.

To finish the card we used some white glitter embossing powder on some of the snowflakes and on dasher's antlers to give them a bit of sparkle... 2 days later and I still keep finding glitter patches all over my house :)! 

The sentiment is from the Welcome Christmas stamp set which has some lovely images that I hope to use in at least one of the remaining club sessions.  If you would like to come along full details can be found on my classes page so contact me to book your place as space is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment