Friday 7 October 2011

Card from gift and tag class

Although my class last weekend was focussed on gifts and a wine bottle tag, there had to be a card in there somewhere.  This card is based on an idea that I got from Cate - I loved the way she had used the crop-a-dile to punch holes and then thread ribbon through... it creates a great effect and is a completely different way to use ribbon.


I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to 10.5cm x 21cm and folded it in half for the base.

Using a Crop-a-dile I punched holes at 1.5cm intervals along the edge of one side.

Then I threaded some Real Red grosgrain ribbon through the holes alternately and back through in the opposite direction and tied the ends in a knot.

The flower is made from 2 scalloped circles of DSP and cut round into the centre to create petals and stuck to the card base with adhesive on the first layer and a dimensional on the second layer.  I then added the flower imagine from the Every Little Bit stamp set on top.

I've finished the card off with a simple sentiment on a strip of Whisper White card.

A simple card but the ribbon threading is a bit fiddly...

No comments:

Post a Comment