Wednesday 19 October 2011

Something different

Last night I went along to a local scrapbook club to see if I could apply my creative skills to something a bit different.  None of the products we used were from Stampin' Up! however, I took along a couple of my punches as scrapbooking is ideal for these.

The class focussed on a number of techniques that use a product called Perfect Pearls and is similar to embossing, although the product is a much lighter powder and can be brushed on over Versamark ink to create a shimmery effect.

I haven't quite finished my page but I was so pleased with the fact that I was able to create something so easily that I have to share it here. 


You can see that I have used the Boho Blossoms punch for the flowers which I have layered up using the 3 different shapes - these have been inked with Versamark ink and brushed with the Perfect pearls to make them shimmer 'green'.  I have used the Scalloped trim border punch along the top of the black cardstock and mounted this behind the designer paper panel.

Stampin' Up! does a whole range of scrapbook specific products and numerous designer papers that would be idea for this too.  Check out page 100 of the catalogue for some ideas...


No comments:

Post a Comment