Monday 28 November 2011

Decorated tealights

A couple of days ago I shared with you a box idea that I had designed to fit 3 tealights into to give as gifts. 

Rather than just putting the tealights in there (albeit they are fragranced ones) I have decorated them to match the boxes.



Using the same ink combinations for each box: Old Olive/Perfect Plum; Rich Razzleberry/More Mustard; Old Olive/Marina Mist; with the 'flower' image from the Clearly for You Stamp set I stamped some white tissue paper and then punched out circles using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.

To fit the tissue paper circles over the candle wick I used my Crop-a-dile to make holes in the centre and then placed these on top of the candles and then carefully heated each with my heat gun to set into the wax. 

If you look closely you can see the tissue paper on the surface but it almost merges into the was and looks like part of the candle.  This technique works really well on pillar candles so why not give it a try ... I would love to see what you come up with :).



No comments:

Post a Comment