Monday, 7 November 2011

Demonstrator overload

Last week was extremely manic, with a Christmas card club session on Wednesday, a workshop on Friday, a class on Saturday and then team training on Saturday!  So to avoid me overloading completely I cheated and used the card above for the Club, workshop, and also my swaps for the other demonstrators.  However it seemed to be well received by all so thankfully I didn't over stretch myself and try and do 3 different projects instead!

The card base is A6 in Real Red. 

To start I used the Poinsettia stamp (inked with Real Red) from the Season of Joy stampset in the bottom left corner of a 9 x 13.5cm Very Vanilla piece of cardstock.  I then stamped the same image twice onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card and cut these out. 

After inking the decorative stamp from the set in Old Olive, I stamped this twice across the card and then stuck the 2 Poinsettia images, craeted above, with dimensionals either side of the first stamped image and then added basic rhinestones to the centre of each flower.

I've used the tiny Poinsettia stamp in Real Red 3 times across the decorative pattern and finally added the sentiment using Old Olive.

This card was really quick, other than the cutting out of flowers and the fact I had to make quite a few for my swaps... and the finished card is really nice.  I think you could do the same thing for a non Christmas card too.

1 comment: