Tuesday 30 August 2011

Demonstrator get together

I attended my first demonstrator night out this evening and met some of the other demonstrators in the team.  Hopefully these events will become a regular thing as well as the team training, as it was really lovely to meet lots of people who love crafting as much as I do.

I was a bit apprehensive about the card swaps that we had to make beforehand for all those attending.  Swaps are samples that you make a batch of the same and then swap them with other people who are attending and event.  It's great because for every swap you give, you get one back and can share ideas and add to your stash of samples for future demonstrations. 

So, here is what I made for my first swap, using the Every Little Bit stamp set, combined with a sentiment from the Clearly for You stamp set (I've used the 'N' from the No.5 stamp to decorate the corner of the card, as I know not what else to do with it!).
The card is suitable for an anniversary, birthday or valentines perhaps.  I've used the Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango DSP stack for the panels which I have then mounted on Crumbcake cardstock and embellished with a flower and then some of the leaves from the 2 Step Bird Punch.  The ink is Chocolate Chip.
In return I obtained lots of new ideas, which I will share with you in due course.

We have a team training session on Saturday which I need to make more swaps for, but have to wait until the retiring list is released on Thursday before making them as we have to use current catalogue items... it's going to be a bit tight!

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your swap!! Lovely to meet you - see you Saturday. Xxx

    ReplyDelete