Wednesday 10 August 2011

Thank you

So here is one of the thank you cards that I made yesterday with the Just Believe stamp set.

I think this might make a good make and take for a workshop as it uses a couple of techniques but is quite simple to create.

I started with cutting the A4 Crumbcake cardstock in half and then folded in half one of the A5 pieces for the base card.  I think this colour card is great as it's a bit different to using white card which I was used to before being introduced to the Stampin' Up! colour range and their cardstock and DSP's works so well with it.

At the base of the card I stamped the image 4 times using the Versamark inkpad which I think is a really good way to fill clear space, although I could have quite easily left it blank.

I cut a piece of the DSP stack to 5 x 6cm ensuring that the wording way the right way round.  The border stamp has been coloured with a Rich Razzleberry marker and then the flowers are also the same colour, with the stems/leaves coloured with a Old Olive marker.  Using the markers means you can get the detailed image in 2 colours unlike when using a stamp pad and this technique is ideal for this type of stamp.  The sentiment is also coloured with the Old Olive marker, although I did this in 2 stages and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words.

Finally I cut out the stamped image and mounted it with dimensionals.

Materials:
Just Believe stamp set (120453);
Patterns DSP stack - brights (117155);
Old Olive marker pen (100079);
Rich Razzleberry marker pen (120970);
Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049);
A4 smooth cardstock - Crumbcake (121685);
Versamark ink (102283);
Stampin' dimensionals (104430).



No comments:

Post a Comment