Friday 11 May 2012

For Nick

What lovely weather we have been treated with today... thankfully!

I wanted to share this card with you that I made for my late partner, Nick.  This morning we buried his ashes at the cemetery close to my home.  Of course it wasn't an easy card to make, but one suited to him :).


The little monkey comes from the Fox and Friends stamp set and I have carefully cut him out before mounting onto a 1' 3/8" circle punch mounted on a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle punch shape.  The card base is Crumbcake which I have run through the Stripes embossing folder before adding a strip of Chocolate Chip card punched with the scalloped trim border punch.  The sentiment was printed onto Whisper White and punched out with the Word Window punch and mounted with dimensional sticky pads.

A simple card, but this coupled with the poem that I wrote and read out, was how I wanted to mark the occasion.  We didn't have a ceremony or anything formal, and most of my friends don't even know that I planned to do this today...sometimes it is just not easy to share parts of your life with others :(.  Tomorrow would have been our 5 year anniversary and yet it has already been almost 18 months since that tragic day... but life does go on. 

I'm off to spend the rest of the afternoon immersed in my crafting stash... :) x






 

No comments:

Post a Comment