Tuesday 10 July 2012

Gardening boots

Today I want to share a card with you that I made for a 'Gardening' theme request.  Knowing the recipient lives in a part of the country where it rains a lot I couldn't resist featuring some wellies on it!  Although given the recent weather in the UK he could live anywhere and need them ;)!

I actually did attempt to make a welly shaped card base but this was a bit too difficult when limited on time so I went with cutting out a couple of wellies from some Always Artichoke card stock and coupled these with other colours from the Regals Collection, which I always seem to neglect.


The base is Whisper White with a piece of Bravo Burgundy which I have run through the Stripes embossing folder a couple of times to cover the whole piece of card.  The front welly has been layered up with dimensionals to create a 3D effect and then I have added a Butterfly Punch cut from More Mustard and embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and then tied with linen thread to create the antenna.
A couple of brads and a sentiment (More Mustard on Whisper White) to finish and I was quite chuffed given I don't normally create cards quite like this, and now I have my very own welly template :).

1 comment:

  1. I love this card and the colours that you have used!! x

    ReplyDelete