Sunday 25 December 2011

Happy Christmas

Well, a very Happy Christmas to you all!

No, I'm not in the UK (currently in Sri Lanka somewhere - check out my travel blog under 'blog lists') and no I am not celebrating Christmas this year... however I couldn't really post a non Christmas card today.  So here it is a Christmas card that can be easily adapted for another occasion... it uses the 2 step bird punch (bird builder) and once punched has been inked with Chocolate Chip ink using a sponge dauber.

I love this technique as it is quick, easy and fairly unmessy.  It's possible to create allsorts of birds using the punch, just by making them different colours and adding a few bits.
The background on this card is created from squares of the Holly Berry DSP mounted onto a large square of Garden Green and a Crumbcake card base.  The leaves are from the 2 step bird punch as well, laid out in a wreath shape but you could easily just have a single branch.

So, I promise, no more Christmas cards.  In fact I have classes arranged for the New Year so why not check out my events page and book yourself to attend one.


No comments:

Post a Comment