Saturday 17 December 2011

Birthday cake

I should be landing in Colombo, Sri Lanka this morning although it will be the afternoon when I get there.  If all has gone to plan and blogger is working then here is the first non Christmas card, as promised.

The card base is Sahara Sand cut to A5 and folded in half, I've then cut a strip of the Rose Red DSP and punched the edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch and also the same on a strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock.

The image is from the Easy Events stampset which is so versatile and geat for mixing and matching sentiments for numerous occasions.  I've gone with the traditional cake and birthday sentiment for this card inked with Chocolate Chip and coloured with blender pens using markers.  I layered up the cake part with dimensionals and added a circle for the cherry on top and some basic pearls round the plate to give it a luxurious feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment