Monday 19 December 2011

Shilpa Childrens Centre, Sri Lanka

Rather than celebrating Christmas this year I have escaped to Sri Lanka until after the New Year - these posts have been scheduled so hopefully if Blogger is working you are still getting your daily card making fix.

I'm equally passionate about travelling as I am about crafting... so hope to see and experience as much as possible whilst I am there.

Today, I have arranged to visit a childrens centre in Colombo (the capital) and share my creativity with them. I have stuffed my backpack full of crafty goodies and other items that they need but I also prepared a small crafty project for the girls there to make...

I had to improvise a bit with some of the items for this card (including quite a few non Stampin' Up! items) as I didn't want to carry too much so tried to keep it simple.  The materials include:  Real Red card (base), Old Olive card (tree), Chocolate Chip card (pot), gold mirror card (not Stampin' Up!), glitter glue (not Stampin' Up!), peel offs (not Stampin' Up!).


I have cut a triangle from the Old Olive and run it through the Square Lattice embossing folder and then stuck this to the base with a dimensional sticky pad.  I have curved the pot slightly with a pair of scissors and also stuck this with a dimensional pad.

The tree has been decorated with a punched out star and glitter glue and the sentiment is a peel off.  All of these things were pre cut and I have packed them safely into a small box so that they don't get crushed in my bag. 

Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the girls making these and post them on my travel blog, so check out the link to it (see left hand side of this site) if you want to see how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment