Thursday 28 June 2012

Birthday medallions

I've not had much time for crafting lately... work has been crazy busy (does that ever change!?) and I continue to spend a large part of my week up in Cambridge and my craft stash isn't easy to cart back and forth all the time :(.

Therefore I have had to CASE of one of my own cards to share with you today, although I did  actually share it at a recent class as well, but it's a popular choice it seems.  The previous one was for an anniversary and in a different colour (see here) and the ladies at my class varied the numbering and also used a variety of sentiments and other shapes such as hearts to adapt the card for different occasions...



The card base is Wisteria Wonder, and I have stamped the Medallion image twice using Versamark ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder... this technique was really popular with those at my class who hadn't tried it before and it's a lot easier than it looks.
I have then tied a piece of the Whisper White Organza ribbon across the base and then cut a top note from mirror card (not Stampin' Up!) and then a Whisper White piece (which I have cut around the edge). The Whisper White piece has been embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder using my Big Shot machine and then I have added the numbering from the Timeless Junior Alphabet dies and a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, finally a couple of Basic Rhinestones... yes almost all the same as the previous card other than the colours and sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment