Friday 29 June 2012

Fun flowers bookmark

What a lovely grey day... although at least I did see a little sunshine this afternoon after getting caught in a slight drizzle this morning :).  Off to a BBQ at my old work place tonight for a leaving do... so hope the weather holds out.

Anyway, I've been trying to squeeze in a bit of crafting all day but can't possibly show you any of the cards I have made as the recipients are both readers of my blog... so you will have to check back over the next couple of days to see what I've made for them.

I thought I would share these bookmarks with you instead.  My inspiration comes from the fact that someone received flowers at work yesterday... and everyone who didn't was a little put out so this is for all those friends and colleagues who I can safely say made this week very enjoyable indeed ;)!


Although I totally CASE'd the idea from this blog which has a great little tutorial.  All you need is some card stock and the Fun Flowers die which is my latest new purchase... I've had my eye on this for ages and finally got it as a treat after such a hard few weeks at work recently.

The colours I have used are Melon Mambo and So Saffron (sponge daubed with Chocolate Chip) and I've embellished with Designer Buttons, Brads and some Bakers Twine.

I've already got lots of ideas for using this including at my next class on Saturday 7th July, where we will be using the Big Shot and some of the many dies and embossing folders from the Stampin' Up! catalogue to make a selection of cards.  If you would like to come along and give it a try the class itself is just £8 and I still have a couple of spaces left, so contact me to book you place.  Or why not pay the full price of £20 and get £15 to spend in the catalogue as well as the class?

Finally, don't forget it's my Come and Craft session this Sunday from 2pm at my home (GU16) - just bring along your craft stash and come and have a play.  I'm hoping to set a couple of challenges using specific stamp sets and other items from Stampin' Up! to see what we can come up with so looking forward to sharing some new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment