Wednesday 20 June 2012

Travelling at sea?

This is one of the cards that we made at my last class.  It features the Open Sea stamp set from the Summer mini catalogue.  I just love the background stamp, which could be used for all sorts of cards to create a background on a base card like I have done here...


The card base is Baha Breeze, and I have inked the background stamp with Pacific Point ink and stamped twice on the right hand side.  The 'boat' image has also been stamped with the same ink pad onto Whisper White and then I've used an embellishments box (buttons or brads will do) to draw a circle round and then cut this out.  For the outer circle I have stamped a piece of Crumbcake card stock with the Wood stamp in Chocolate Chip ink and then drawn round the inside of a reel of red sticky tape which fits nicely round the central panel.

It just goes to show you don't need lots of tools all the time...

For the wheel 'cogs' I have punch out pieces of the Wood stamped card with the Word Window punch and then adhered these to the back of the circular panel and then raised it up with dimensional sticky pads.

The sentiment is of course Teeny Tiny Wishes inked in Pacific Point onto Whisper White and punched out with the Word Window punch.

Here's a slight variation that I made for Father's Day...

1 comment: