Thursday 2 August 2012

Congratulations Amy and Dave

I've had this card ready for ages, as the majority of my crafting sessions tend to be with my crafty friend Amy... so I had to make it in secret, as it's for her new baby boy who arrived YESTERDAY!

Congratulations to Amy and her husband Dave on the arrival of their new bundle, Alexander (Xander)...  I look forward to meeting him sometime soon x

I've actually used Amy's stamp set, Fox and Friends to create this card with the cute little monkeys and carefully stamped them using my stamp-a-ma-jig so they 'hang' from each other.  You will see the middle one has been cut out by hand and raised up with dimensionals and his tail is looped into one of the letters, which was a bit fiddly, but I think achieves the desired effect.

I've used a Top Note die cut from Whisper White card stock and mounted this onto a Bashful Blue Top Note and then added the lettering cut with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies, of course stamping the cheeky monkeys first.

You can just make out the 'hello baby' sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set placed just above the 'BOY' inked in Bashful Blue, and then I have mounted the panel onto Shimmery White card and added a designer button to finish.

I really hope Amy likes this card - it's always hard to come up with new ideas for fellow demonstrators...

1 comment:

  1. I loved this card!! Arrived in the post Thursday morning! :) thankyou very much!! :) love amy and Xander xx

    ReplyDelete