Tuesday 7 February 2012

Valentines countdown

Ooh I've had an eventful last couple of days.  After getting stranded in the snow on Sunday night and having to be rescued by the AA (and the police!) I finally got to Cambridge in the early hours and then yesterday I had allsorts of trouble getting the keys and access to my new house!

Finally I have managed to move in and get some bedding and a few bits to make it feel a bit more like home... however with no internet and almost no phone signal there I am now frantically trying to blog before I get stuck into today's workload... it's going to be a very long week!

So, as promised here is the first Valentines card to share with you.  I will be posting Valentines ideas daily until the 14th so if you don't like this time of year, close your eyes (maybe?)?



The card base is Basic Black and I have teamed this with Real Red and Whisper White ... I was asked to make this card, featuring a Mole for someone's other half - something to do with a nickname, but I didn't ask anymore :).

Materials:
Designer Stack Paper (DSP) - Brights - 'Real Red' striped;
Scalloped border punch;
Square Lattice embossing folder - for the white strip across the middle which has been punched with the border punch;
Perfect Postage punch - I've cut into the punched shape to create a smaller sentiment panel and stuck this on with dimensional sticky pads;
Sentiments - Teeny Tiny Wishes and Aint Love Grand (hostess only);
Hearts - using the heart die from the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet set and also run through the square lattice embossing folder.

I hope Mole likes it ...

1 comment: