Saturday 4 February 2012

Birdy-Bration

OMG what a day...

This morning I had my Sale-A-Bration coffee morning and then this afternoon my accessories class, then this evening I had visitors who also gave the make and take from this morning a go... so it's been a day of crafting and I haven't actually made anything myself yet.

I'm in for a night of crafting now as it's all out all over the dining room table - so saves me clearing up!

Thank you so much to all of those who made it along over the course of the day and a special thanks to Amy who not only turned up to help, but also brought samples along to share.

So, without further ado here is the make and take project:


The base is Very Vanilla (an A5 piece folded in half to create an A6 card) and for the background piece I have cut a 14.5x10cm piece of Real Red cardstock and run this through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (using the Big Shot). 

For the background panel I have used the top note die to cut a piece of Very Vanilla and Real Red and then run the red piece through the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder so that the raised image falls on the top left hand corner.  I have then lined up a piece of Very Vanilla (also embossed with the Elegant Bouquet folder) which the background and then punched the moon using a 1 3/8 circle punch.  The effect doesn't show up too well in the photo but here's a closer look which shows it slightly better:


After sticking the moon down I've cut round the perforated edge of the top note shape of the red card and then adhered this to the Very Vanilla piece.

The owls were punched with the Owl punch from Basic Black cardstock and then the leaves are from the Bird punch... both these are my favourite punches as they can create so many different things, like the pig from the owl that I shared with you previously - just check out the relevant links for these punches on the right hand side of this blog for more of these ideas.

And finally the sentiment ... using the stamp set that has something for any occasion, Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched with the Word Window punch.

The card is ideal for Valentines day which is what a few attendees adapted them for by changing the sentiment... there was also a wedding card included amongst the batch made over the course of the morning.

However I have been dying to share this adaptation with you all day, but I had to wait until everyone had gone. 

My good friend Elaine finally made it along for the first time today and although she was a little reluctant to give it a go, she actually went away having really enjoyed it.  And best of all she added a twist of her very own ... without any hesitation she dived in to use the bird punch instead of the owls. 

You really wouldn't believe that this is the first card she has ever made...!



1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun yesterday and i love this design!!

    ReplyDelete