Saturday 18 February 2012

Emboss resist

I'm back in Kent this weekend catching up with some very old friends, hopefully doing some walking and getting  fed and watered :).  So no crafting for a change - well, maybe!

Fiona, a fellow demonstrator inspired me a few weeks ago to give the emboss resist technique a go.  I thought I would start with something small so made a gift tag rather than a card:


The tag itself is a plain white parcel tag which you can pick up in packs in the post office or stationers.  I have inked up the bird image from the Clearly for You stamp set with Versamark and then embossed this with Whisper White embossing powder (clear powder will also work as it will retain the colour of the base you are using).  The sentiment was also created in the same way.

I then used a sponge dauber with Rich Razzleberry ink and covered the rest of the tag (remembering to remove the string and replace after it dried).  Finished off with a flower punched from DSP scraps using the Boho Blossoms punch and the leaves from the Bird Builder punch and a basic rhinestone in the centre.

I liked this so much I created a whole batch ready to adorn some gifts...

Do check out Fiona's blog as she has some great ideas using the emboss resist technique too.

No comments:

Post a Comment