I think people are becoming more reliant on gift cards these days rather than buying presents. It's more convenient... but could also be thought of as impersonal maybe. So why not personalise the gift card holder and give them something handmade in their favourite colours or with an appropriate theme. Here's a simple gift card holder idea...
I've used Blushing Bride and Wisteria Wonder for the colour theme and the sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set.
- Cut a piece of card stock 4.5" x 6.75". Score at 1.75" and 4.5".
- Turn and score 0.25" from the edges.
- Cut off all of the 0.25" section that you scored except for the sections along the 1.75" side (these will be the flaps to make the pocket in which the gift card will sit).
- Fold the 0.25" sections inward, apply adhesive to the backs of them, and then fold the 1.75" section up to create the pocket.
- Apply a 1/2" x 4" decorative strip of designer paper to the edge of the pocket.
- Cut the corners of your flap.
- Add a 1.25" x 4" decorative strip of designer paper to outside of the flap.
- Add a strip of cardstock punched with a border punch or ribbon to the top/front of the flap. Then close the flap.
- Cut 2 pieces of magnet strip and stick together and then stick one side to the flap before closing the flap to stick the other side so that you can line both pieces up correctly.
- Decorate the front with a tag. I have used a 1 3/4" scallop circle punch and 1 3/8" circle punch.
- Attach the tag and you're done!
I've almost done a 14 hour day today and still have a call with Oz shortly... see you back here tomorrow hopefully x