Monday 9 April 2012

Last minute 60th cards

What do you do when your mum sends you a text asking for 3 x 60th birthday cards before the weekend?

Well, they probably could have waited until I was back after the weekend, but I was going away and didn't want to disappoint, plus it was a good reason to play with the Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper which you can get FREE this month when you spend £45.

I've gone with a swing card style card as always think a special birthday deserves something a bit different.


I've used colours I don't normally choose, So Saffron and Calypso Coral... although I think the Beyond the Garden papers actually feature Daffodil Delight, but although some of the Stampin' Up! colours in different shades don't work together, these 2 do.

The swing card has been created with the top note die on an A6 Calypso Coral card base, I've then cut a further 2 x top note's from So Saffron and Calypso Coral card stock and cut the latter one out around the 'seam'.  I ran the DSP through the top note die as well and cut this in half and fixed to the base of the centre piece and then created the daisy from the Daisies #2 die and layer up 3 pieces.

I've decorated the edge of the front of the card and the folded back flap with a strip of So Saffron card stock edged with the Scallop Trim Border punch and then added the 60 which is cut using the Timeless Junior Alphabet dies.

Of course with 3 cards to make I couldn't stop at just one... so made another in Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo DSP. 

You will have to check back for card number 3 as I went for a totally different design for this...

Anyway, if you want to place an order email me today at jadedcrafter@gmail.com and you can save on postage (normally £4.95) if you live near to me (GU16) and combine with other orders that I will be placing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment