Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy birthday Cat

A boating theme is very appropriate for the recipient of this card and of course a cat!

I'm away with my friend Cat this weekend celebrating her birthday... here's the card I made her which is a CASE of a card that my crafty friend Amy made during one of our crafty get together's a few weeks ago.  The card uses 2 different stamp sets - Sail Away and the 'Cat' from Patterned Pets.

The base is Riding Hood Red from the Regals collection... I often forget about these colours but as you can see, they include some lovely deep shades.

To add some 'life' to the card I have raised up the window sill and the cat with dimensional sticky pads

Materials:
Card stock - Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Whisper White;
Ink - Basic Black;
Designer Series Paper - Holly Berry Bouquest (yes, it's a Christmas paper pack but a lot of the papers are suitable for other occasions too!);
Punch - Scallop Trim Border used on a strip of Very Vanilla, Word Window;
Sentiment - Teeny Tiny Wishes, inked with Versamark ink and embossed with Whisper White embossing powder (fast becoming one of my fav's, see Wednesday's post for another idea using this technique).
Other - Blender pen to create a wash for the 'sea' with a Stampin' Write Marina Mist marker pen.

And I couldn't resist making a co-ordinating box for her rather belated Christmas and Birthday present this year :(.


It's created from the Pillow Box die which I ran through my Big Shot machine and popped out in a flash and stuck together with red tape.  A piece of the DSP to match, a quick punch of the Curly Label punch and 1'3/8" punch and a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and it's just a case of trying to fit the present inside :).

It's so much fun creating a special card for someone...

If you want to stock up on craft stash during April, don't forget the FREE paper offer (see right of my blog for full details) when you spend £45.  I've got some projects ready to share with you using some of these papers so you can see just how lovely and versatile they are.

1 comment: