Tuesday 18 September 2012

Cupcake news

If you haven't already seen that the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set retires this month, then with that sad news hopefully you will be glad to hear that the Create a Cupcake stamp set that featured in the Spring mini catalogue earlier this year will be back in the new main catalogue which is released on 1st October.
 
I can't quite decide which is my favourtie, as the images in the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set are fabulous for colouring in with blender pens.
 
For this card I've used some remains of DSP (papers) to create the icing, by stamping the image onto the paper and then cutting it out and fixing it onto a stamped image.  This is agreat way to use up leftover scraps and also add a different technique to a card. 
 


Sadly the Eyelet Border punch that I have used here has already sold out, but there are plenty of other border punches in the new catalogue.
 
The colours on this card are So Saffron and Rich Razzlebery, which are a new combo for me, but I really like the overall effect, with some retiring Rich Razzleberry grosgrain to finish, this alternatively folder card would be ideal for a male or female.
 
I've on my last few cards using the retiring products, so if there is anything you would like to see ideas for from the retirement list please let me know.  Otherwise prepare yourself for a few more ideas later this week and then I will be trying to create some projects using more of the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue items with you soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment