Tuesday 11 September 2012

Smashing GBWR

It's so sad that London 2012 is now over!  I didn't really get into the Olympics quite as much as the Paralympics and specifically the Wheelchair Rugby... of course it helps that my sister is part of the team!
 
So, I have been watching the GBWR team play throughout the event and was at the games live on Friday and Saturday; to sadly see GB lose their fight for a medal to Japan, but then to go on and win in the classifications against Sweden, to finish 5th.
 
The atmosphere at the Olympic Park and the support that GB had at the wheelchair rugby was totally amazing and I am now happily on the band waggon with everyone else who thinks London 2012 was the best games yet!
 
There is a crafty link coming I promise...
 
I've been trying to make use of all the remaining Designer Series Papers (DSP) that are retiring from the main catalogue at the end of the month, and as my Smash Book didn't have quite the right background papers for a couple of newspaper clippings... the perfect opportunity arose for my leftover Cheerful Treat (hostess only) DSP.
 
 
I also created a couple of pages to keep some of the bits and pieces I have collected over the 2 days I was there and a photo of the team.
 
 
If you haven't seen a Smash book before (?!), check out this link to see what it's all about. 

Don't forget that the retiring products list is updated daily - so if you want to get your hands on discounted products, including the Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess only), hurry whilst stocks last.
 
The good news is that the new Stampin' Up! catalogue which will be released on 1st October, has lots of great new Designer Series Papers and of course stamp sets.  Watch this space for details on release day or email me at jadedcrafter@gmail.com to find out more.
 
In the meantime, just a reminder that I have my Autumn/Winter mini catalogue launch on Saturday from 1pm at my home (GU16), so why not come along and have a look.  It's FREE - you just need to contact me to book your place.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment